Joe Shamp, CPO, LPO
Adjunct Faculty/Advisory Board Member
Joe received his education in Prosthetics at New York University and his Orthotic education at Northwestern University. He is certified by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics. He is past President of the American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association Region V. He has performed the following duties:
- Examiner, administering the National Board exam in Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Chairperson of The National Credentialing Committee for Orthotic and Prosthetic certification
- Adjunct professor at St. Petersburg College, Program in Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Instrumental in designing composition and administration of the “mock examination” for orthopedic residents associated with the Veteran’s Administration Hospital, University Hospital and Case Western University in Cleveland, Ohio.
- U.S. Army (Medical Service Corp.) as a Combat Medic and Physical Therapy Specialist
- Chief of Prosthetic and Orthotic Clinical Service at the VA Medical Center, Tampa, Florida.
- Serves on the Advisory Board and Graduate Committee for The International Institute of Orthotics and Prosthetics, Tampa, Florida
Joe and his wife Nancy are now residing in Fort Myers, Florida.