What’s up peoples! I hope you had a wonderful week. T’was fun for me.
On Monday we started our Total Surface Bearing socket casting, which is supposed to be a much easier socket than the one we did last week. This time, we met with a new patient model who had three amputations (one on his left arm, two lower limb) and I found him truly inspiring. Me and my group members were more interested in his story and started our casting late lol. On Tuesday and Wednesday, we did the cast pouring and alignment for the cast. This time I did not make a chisel mark on the side of my socket, so it was a success. On Thursday, Blatchford Orthotist and Prosthetist came in and talked about the different types of hydraulic feet and how they work. In the afternoon, our patient models came back for the fitting, while we used Blatchford’s Hydraulic ankles for the foot component. The ankle adjustment was most definitely more challenging than using a regular SACH foot, but it was very rewarding to see the outcome. It feels like everything I am learning here is starting to come together.
Ok, I have a final next Tuesday, goodbye… for now.
Adaeze O. Mbagwu